Wednesday, November 03, 2010

11/3

Hurtin' from some high mileage the past two days, so I thought I'd take a rest day today. Nice to sleep in, then had to bolt to Pueblo for work. Definitely try Bingo Burger if you're down there (will hit the place after the Rock Canyon half, as a huge bonus they sell Bristol brews), tied with Cherry Cricket for my second favorite burger in CO.

Anywho, was supposed to meet Andy and Yeti at the climbing gym around 5PM, then head over to the Chalet to hear a free talk on rock climbing. I was kinda looking for an excuse to get out of being indoors during this great Indian summer, so when I found out $100's ankle was still jacked up from a work incident yesterday, I jumped at the chance to head straight home to take the dog out. Ended up being our best run yet, 5.5 miles in 47 minutes, and the dog just straight out kicked my ass up the hills of Red Rock Canyon.

Speaking of Bristol, Rick and I are gonna run from my house over to the start of the Cheyenne Canon Hill Climb on Sunday. Red Rock Canyon, Section 16, High Drive, maybe the Chutes if we have time. Be at the casa at 8:30AM if you're interested...

2 comments:

trudginalong said...

Next time you're in Denver, you need to try Park Burger. Better than the Cricket (in close proximity too), and they have Dale's on tap.

brownie said...

I've heard that's good. Denver Diner as well. Need to get up north more often.