Monday, April 27, 2009

to BB or not to BB?

Still on the fence on whether or not to run the Bolder Boulder 10K. It's one of the more famous road races out there, so part of me thinks I should run it while I live nearby.

On the other hand, the cheapest rego is $42 (rego can go up to $88!). All that loot to run a race that will be way too crowded to run fast (I believe this is the second largest road race in the country with over 50,000 runners) and I won't be able to wear the t-shirt, since every poser jogger from Quinn's will have this shirt in their wardrobe.

Truth be told, I could have a lot more fun by going to Boulder, doing a long run on the sweet trails up there, and blowing the $42 at one of the local pubs.

We'll see. Maybe I can get into the elite race after my win from this past weekend...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, that seems pretty pricy for a 10k.

Unknown said...

off subject, what's your MOS?

91Q here

Catwoman said...

Too crowded. Don't do it.

Hone said...

My bud Auturo has won that race a couple of times I believe. He always tells me to come out and run it. That is just to long of a trip for me for such a short race.

I say run it. It will give you an excuse to run faster than normal.

Jes said...

A bunch of blogs have discount codes for the rego fee, but it's only 5%.

You should run it.

brownie said...

11B. The only real job in the Army.

Evan, if you come to Colorado it better not be for a 10K road race.

Jes, where are those discounts?