Wednesday, April 22, 2009

PARAB

Last night I continued on the family political dynasty (my dad is on the zoning board for Sunbury, PA, and my sister was in Bill Clinton's little black book) when I was named to the Manitou Springs Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. It was a rough campaign, but miracles can happen when they need to fill two positions and only one person applies.

PARAB advises Manitou city council on issues that deal with local parks and trails. For example, for the Manitou drum circle, council would have asked PARAB what damage, if any, those damn dirty hippies could cause to Memorial Park. PARAB would make a recommendation, and city council would take that into account when they voted on whether to waive the noise ordinance for the drum circle. At last night's meeting, someone applied to have a vintage car show at Memorial Park. So it looks like the first thing I'll help work on is deciding whether or not parking cars on the grass at Memorial Park would cause any damage.

Pretty stoked, it'll be nice to help out with the parks and trails I spend so much time on. I'm also glad I'll have a bigger voice on what I think will be a battle for the Incline once it's opened to the public. I'm afraid a bunch of posers are gonna want to turn it into a glorified staircase. Not on my watch, beotches!

But my first order of business: finding out how to use eminent domain to fuck with John O! I think that area of town could use a new dog park...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But my first order of business: finding out how to use eminent domain to fuck with John O! I think that area of town could use a new dog park...
-------------
LMAO! Awesome!

John O said...

So when you moving to 'dog town'

Bring it!!

Impala Mama said...

Hooray for the vintage car show!! (May 3rd, right?) Oil, tire marks, and fossil fuels never hurt anyone as much as dirty hippies have. Vote wisely, brownie. Vote wisely.

Oh, and let me know if I can do anything to help your cause w/ the incline...I am in agreement with you, I hope it doesn't go all homogenized.

brownie said...

Yes, we definitely need to keep the homos off the Incline! Unless you're talking about hot lesbians...