Wednesday, April 01, 2009

HPb - March

Pretty good month. Ended up with 305.7 miles (almost 61 hours on my feet), probably only my second month of 300+ miles ever. Last March I only had 280.

Hardrock/Leadville training is going real well. Leading into July last year I only had four months of 250+ miles. This year I already have three months of that much mileage in and still have three good months of training left before my showdown.

Last year my goal went down in flames at Halfmoon, 170 miles out of the needed 200. So far I'm feeling pretty good about picking up those extra 30...

Oh yeah, I also passed 800 miles on March 31. Putting me well ahead of schedule for my new year's resolution of 3,000 miles this year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is some really impressive mileage. 3,000 miles in a year? I'm pretty sure I would end up divorced.

brownie said...

Yeah, I couldn't do this if I had a wife and kids to worry about.

MW said...

I'm still going to kick your ass in total mileage even though we're inside of 100 miles of each other.
You better plan for well over 3,000 miles, because I'm 572 miles ahead of last year already, and last year I was just shy of 2,900.
Just providing full disclosure so you don't cry come november when you realize your demise.

brownie said...

Wiley, you've wasted your winter advantage. As the weather improves my mileage will increase dramatically.