Wednesday, April 01, 2009

HPb 131 - Yasso 800s

Had to waste some time between work and yoga, so I decided to head down to the CC track for some faster than usual running. Yasso 800s have always been a good workout for me, making me speed things up a little faster than usual but not wrecking my body. It was a crazy day on the track as there was a CC/Air Force women's rugby game going on, men's rugby practice on one end of the track, some kids having a snowball fight on one of the backstretches, lots of wind, and a huge team-in-training workout going on (I'll hold of on my rant of TIT for now, though yesterday's behavior by all of them didn't do anything to improve my lousy perception of that group; am I the only one who sees what a scam that whole cult is?).

Anywho, ended up doing 5 x 800m with 400m rest in between. Hit 3:06, 3:01, 3:04, 3:05, and 3:04. You're supposed to do 10 repeats on this workout but I grew tired of the madness on the track. Felt pretty good, and if I did this workout a bit more serious I think I could hit ten repeats all under three minutes. A 1.5 mile warm-up and cool down added to a nice run.

Start time - 6:30 PM
Distance - 6.5 miles
Time - 57:00
Pace - 8:47 per mile
Weather - 35F, windy
Weight - 171 lbs

4 comments:

MW said...

nope.
I've heard that TIT is so management heavy that only a small percentage of the raised money actually makes it to the final destination.

Unknown said...

You are a heck of a lot faster than me, but those Yassos will certainly make you faster and stronger.

brownie said...

Wiley, I knew it! Some day that organization is gonna be exposed. In the mean time, will you help cure cancer by paying for my trip to the Comrades marathon?

Chad, in high school I probably could have run 10 x 800m all in sub 2:30. It's hard getting that speed back once you've lost it. Even harder when I realize the only real time goal I have this year - the big buckle at Leadville - only requires 7:30 half miles. Sounds so easy!

Mike said...

Nice write up on TIT here. Explains why the "76% of funds collected goes to research" is nonsense. Does not explain why I know 2 people who have been hit during races by TIT coaches on bikes during marathons.

http://www.davidhays.net/running/tnt.html

-Mike Watson