Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fruita 50


Finally back from The RATS festival.  Probably shouldn't have attempted a 50 miler so soon after the Grand Canyon.  But while I was about two hours behind were I thought I would finish (my time was 10:33), it was some awesome training for Hardrock.  I was still sore from the R2R2R, and the course was a lot harder than I expected.  Had a great weekend though, and now I understand why mountain bikers all get huge boners whenever someone mentions Fruita - those are some awesome trails out there!

More to come, I blog a lot better when I'm at work...

3 comments:

aka Moogy said...

Great to hear!! Sub-35 at HR most def for you!

Catwoman said...

You should do the Fat Tire festival in Fruita. Best riding (better than Moab IMHO) and good beer, food, bands. Late April I think.

brownie said...

It's actually this weekend, wish I could get out there!