Friday, November 24, 2006

two more!

Managed to bag 10,073ft Vigil Peak and 10,433 San Luis Peak this morning. Great hike, though it was about as technical a climb as I'll do solo, and wasn't made any easier by the snow that was present. Not sure if I'm just really out of shape from my month off or I've lost my high altitude lungs from sitting in the Springs for so long, but I sure was huffin' and puffin' the entire hike, which took just under four hours.

The climbs were my 21st and 22nd summit of a named peak since I moved to Colorado.

Was hoping to get some good pics of Pikes Peak for my other blog, but Mt. Rosa (which I plan to climb soon) was in the way the entire time.

Did get a good poke in the eye from a branch just before topping San Luis. I was scared for a minute, I felt the branch hit my eyeball (that was gross) and it hurt like hell so I thought I punctured it. Ended up just losing a contact lens, which screwed up my depth perception and made for a much interesting hike back down the mountain.

Pics are here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a fun day! wish i could come & play. but why a pic of poo??