Tuesday, November 07, 2006

dream job?

I am now a part time liquor store clerk at Crown Liquor. The owner said I could just work Monday and Tuesday evenings, so I thought I'd try it. Went in for a few hours on Sat morning to meet everyone and see the store, and spent most of the time talking about boxed wine, and the economics of it, and how far it's come in just the past few years. All the other clerks have all been there for over ten years, and have bright red noses and other signs of alcoholics. We all get along just fine.

Monday I spent the night in the cooler, restocking all the beer. Thousands of cases. I thought I was in heaven! Physically draining though, it's rough work throwing around cases of booze for four straight hours. Hopefully it'll get me in great shape though, so when someone asks how I got my guns, I can say, "Booze. Lotsa booze."

The discount kinda sucks, it's only 10%. But that makes it cheaper than Cheer's, so it's better than nothing. I fully expect my entire paycheck from Crown to be put back into the store. And if any of yunz Kimchis need a bottle or six, let me know.

3 comments:

dayoldfish said...

well used pay check indeed

mike said...

Maybe you could just barter labor for liquor. That way, the IRS doesn't get a cut (more Yager for you). And if I remember correctly, there is state tax there. A two-fer screw the man!

Pittchick said...

Mmmmm, beer. Do they have state stores and liquor stores like PA, or is it all in one place?