Sunday, November 26, 2006

Run #4 - Incline Club kick off!


"We train hard because there are two ways to get fast... We haven’t found the other!"

First IC run of the season today! Woohoo! My enthusiasm was immediately beaten down by the Ute Pass Trail though, sheesh that's a tough run.

My goal was to run out an hour and then turn around, which was a pretty tall order considering my recent layoff. Figured in that hour I would make it the 4.3 miles to the end of the Ute Pass.

Ended up doing a bit better than I thought. Hit the end of Ute Pass in under 50 minutes and was able to run a good distance into Waldo Canyon. Ran out for 61 minutes, and made the return trip in 57 minutes (it's a bit easier on the way back) for a total time of 1:58:30. Felt really good, and I even thought of doing the entire canyon with Melissa, but I didn't want to push so hard so early in the season.

Start time: 8:10AM
Distance: approx. 11 miles
Time: 1:58:30
Pace: 10:46 per mile (sounds slow, but the Ute Pass ain't no easy run)
Weather: clear skies, 35F, "feels like" temp of 29F. Though it did warm up considerably during the run.

Ended the run with a bacon cheeseburger from the Purple Castle, yum yum!

No comments: