Saturday, November 18, 2006

Incline Club

Just got the first e-mail of the new season from the Incline Club! First club run, which will be the end of my lazy spell, is next Sunday! Woohoo! Updated my page on their website, you can see it here.

Basically the IC is a group of runners who are either training for the Pikes races or Leadville. The schedule is made up by Matt Carpenter, course record holder on both races (and second place is a LONG way back behind him) and generally regarded as the best high altitude runner on the planet. So it is not easy.

I plan to train a lot more religiously with these guys this season in preparation for the Leadville 100 miler in August. A lot of my weekends will include two or three laps around Rampart Resovoir (30 to 45 miles) on Saturday followed by the IC on Sunday. And of course, all Sunday IC runs are followed up with breakfast at the Purple Castle!

Also gonna start doing some shorter races too, see if I can work on getting a little of my speed back. 10K through half marathon distance.

A few of the locals here have asked me about doing the Pikes Peak Ascent. The IC is definitely the best way to do it. I did a lot their Sunday and Thursday runs and it got me in good enough shape for a top ten Double finish (where I also beat Steve Sisson in the Marathon, FYI).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck brownie. Awesome.
If my recovery process continues as it is I hope that you still might be interested (or have the time) to pace at HardRock? Hasta...
Tomorrow I plan to make my blog no longer suck the big one!

Tiffany said...

The Incline Club? You all are crazy people. I had to blog today to whine about the incline on the suspension bridge I ran. I feel lame now.

Hmm... my middle school boyfriend was named Matt Carpenter. Coincidence? Is this guy single? Just kiddddddding...

Do you have a Geek-O-Meter too? I am hoping to downside to a smaller model. It is wearing a BlackBerry on my wrist.