Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Run #2

Having worked back to back 15 hour days and facing a third today, it was pretty hard to crawl out of bed for my run this morning. But I figured I wouldn't be setting a good precedent if I pussied out of my second day back.

Start time: 6AM
Distance: 4.75 miles (Knob Hill - North)
Time: 37:35
Pace: 7:54 per mile
Weather: 48F, "feels like" 44F

Tomorrow morning it's off to the Briargate YMCA to help run the finish line at the Turkey Trot 5K. First non-Iraq Thanksgiving day I've not run some kind of race since I was in high school. Good luck to all those Austinites doing the Turkey Trot 5 miler (where I hold my PR, 29:27, despite several Wild Turkey shots before the race), my dad doing the Newport Moose 10K, and of course all those doing the mother of all races, the Berwick Run for the Diamonds.

7 comments:

Rafael said...

You bastard, I wish I could run at an 8 minute pace. I won't be doing Jager shots at the TT this year, although now that I know that you're not running in a race I may just have to have one.

brownie said...

I don't run at an eight minute pace! That's sub-eight, thank you very much. And it'll be sub-seven before too long.

And didn't you break the Wild Turkey bottle last year? You better have a shot to atone for that sin!

Anonymous said...

I will be doing the Turkey Trot at the YMCA. My only goal is to beat hubby again as I did at a 5k last week for the first time ever. He wasn't happy and wants his revenge tomorrow. Game on!

Pittchick said...

I'll be driving to central PA tomorrow morning. Not a fan of the run for the diamonds.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Turkey Trot at the Y?

What time? Is it OK to run with a beer in my hand?

Tiffany said...

Hope yall did well at the Turkey Trot! I fell victim to the post-race beer truck after my race yesterday (operative word: after) and almost missed my family Thanksgiving gathering. Damn beer. Damn. At least I took 12 seconds off my 5K time (only because someone mentioned the beer truck had just opened)

BTW-never been called a road wank before. How exciting!!! :)

ZZ Top Knot said...

Brownie congrats on your 50M was this your virgin 50M I'm only up to the 50K so far.. check my gandullf blog for grand canyon info.. check here for LAH3 blog www.lah3snooze.blogspot.com
On out ZZ Topknot