Sunday, November 19, 2006

Full Sail Wassail and Roadkill Red

Good thing I haven't been slacking on my drinking as much as I have on my promised new booze posts.

Bought some of the Full Sail Brewing Company (out of Hood River, OR) winter ale, Wassail. Getting lots of winter brews into Crown liquor now, and I normally don't like 'em. No difference with the Wassail, which was way too hoppy for my tastes. However, it is a pretty decent seller, so if the winter beers are something you enjoy you might wanna try this.

Also tried my first bottle of non-ghetto wine, Roadkill Red from the Colorado Cellars Winery in Grand Junction, CO. No picture available as I left the bottle at a chick's house. Pretty good wine, I certainly wouldn't mind drinking it again, though it was a bit too sweet for something I'd like to get hammered on. I'm not one to describe wine, so I snagged this off the internet: "Unique, semi-sweet, light red with raspberry overtones. Serve slightly chilled with simple, casual meals or with hamburgers, or fried chicken." And at a steep $12 a bottle, it's over six times as expensive as what I usually pay for wine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Canyon Wind Cellars. Great Colorado wine from Palisade.

Impala Mama said...

If you just leave some fruit around in your basement for a while and then squeeze out the juices it turns out purty good. And at $0 a bottle it is sure to leave some extra bills in your pocket to buy a string that stays tied on your sweat pants.