Sunday, April 10, 2016

19:47

Tortoise and Hare 5K on Saturday, part of the brewers' cup.  Knew this wouldn't be anything special, I'm battling a cold and also volunteered before the race so I had no warm up.  Kept a very easy pace, chatted with some folks during the race, and walked an extra .03 after the finish line to still comfortably break 20 minutes.  6:21, 6:30, 6:08.  Pretty happy with how easy it all felt.

This is a fun race that takes into account your sex, age, height, and weight and gives you a handicap.  The race was won overall by a 52 year old female who ran the course in 23:31.  The first dude to cross the line was in 5th place, a 60 year old who ran 21:43.  The guy who ran the fastest time of the day, 15:58, finished in 10th place.

Simon got to start 20 seconds ahead of me due to his old fart status.  He waited for me to catch up, talked some shit, then buried me in the second mile, probably running at least a minute faster.  Simon ended up 26th overall in 19:27, and I ended up way back in 30th.  At least I sprinted ahead right when Tim took this picture:


1 comment:

GZ said...

Your time might be moving in the wrong direction at a higher speed than mine.