Monday, April 04, 2016

18:48

Much better than expected day at Tonia's 5K.  Ran 6:15, 5:56, and 6:01.  Definitely entered a pain zone I haven't visited in a while, and there was a very short but very steep hill at the two mile mark that almost made this a 24 minute race.  Took everything I had to hold things together over the final half mile or so.

My last remaining ties to glory were trampled at the race:


Shot of the lead pack about a quarter mile into the race.  You can see me right at the back.  You can also see some hill in the upper right corner.  I went as hard as I could from the start.


Motivated by the talk of Shad and GZ doing all the work to get faster, I might have to sit down and see what I can do about getting back down below 18 for this distance again.

5 comments:

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Very solid time, JT. Congrats! Aging isn't so bad after all, eh?

GZ said...

It is not bad until you realize that some guy at 50 just ran 30 flat for 10k.

brownie said...

I only said this was a good time for me. I realize that even if I break 18 minutes, it's still just a halfway decent MOP time. Right now I'm well over six minutes behind the WR.

Bob Johnson said...

How were you 38 in 2015?

brownie said...

Either they messed up my age or I'm aging quicker than usual.