Monday, June 22, 2015

Whitesnake

I think the last record I bought was the Whitesnake album 1987.  I'm not one of those toolbags who still buys records because they think it's cool, records were just the way we listened to music back in the late 80s.


Shit, look at these guys from back then.  Holy hair!


Anywho, not long ago Whitesnake announced a show at the Pikes Peak Center.  I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and see 'em.  Hell, it's not like we have a lot to do here on Monday nights in the Springs anyways.  But then I saw the ticket price and said, "thanks, but no thanks."

Guess a lot of folks had the same thoughts, and a week before the show tix became buy-one-get-one.  So I took the bait.

Good show, good way to blow two hours on a school night.  They played all of their hits, plus some stuff from a recent Deep Purple tribute album.  I was hoping this would happen, but no such luck:


Some pics from the gig:




And even a few videos:



4 comments:

Jeff Valliere said...

Records are so 70's, you were really buying them in 1987? It was all about tapes then.

brownie said...

Tapes were way too hard to listen to one song over and over. Rewinding was the plague of my childhood.

Jeff Valliere said...

Or when the tape would go haywire and unravel so much that you would have to spend time pulling it out of the tape deck, then reel it all back in with a pencil. Then that part of the tape would sound like crap. Ah, the good ole days.

brownie said...

Kids today don't know the struggle.