Friday, June 05, 2015

Friday

Went to a public meeting for the Springs bike master plan Wednesday night.  There are some decent ideas about how to make this town a more bike friendly place, we'll see if those ideas can be put into action.

One of the more exciting things I learned about was a possible 60 mile loop of gravel and concrete bike paths around the city.  A good chunk of this is already complete, there are just some connection issues to figure out before making this whole thing work.


Thurs AM - back to the track.  2 x 1 mile.  6:04, 5:56.  Yes, that's quite the improvement from the first mile to the next, but trust me it was due to me finally waking up, not any PEDs or TUEs.  (Disclaimer: I do sometimes take a one-a-day knock off gummy bear multivitamin at the request of my wife.  I'm supposed to take this daily, but I usually forget.  I think she's more worried about my diet which consists mainly of red meat and dairy with almost no fruits and veggies than she is about my running performances).

I loved Nick Symmonds' tweet: "All I take is a multivitamin and beer."  But he's a professional athlete, and those guys have no benefit of the doubt anymore.  He's probably taking whatever he can.

Thurs PM - Barr Trail.  Ran up to the point where the new(ish) top of the Incline trail hits Barr.  Solid workout.

Shad and Rob are in town this weekend and we'll be heading up America's mountain on Sunday if anyone wants to join us.  Thinking we'll start at 8AM with the Incline Club.  Word is you can get slightly higher than Barr Camp before snow becomes an issue.  Post run grub and brews at Manitou Brewing Company.

Speaking of MBC, we had a meeting of the minds there last night as Jeff, Carson, and I got together to drink beers and figure out how we're going to get Tom C through Hardrock.  I'll be pacing him from Ouray to Telluride, as that's probably the easiest section to get lost on, and it's the only section of the course that includes a full service tequila bar.  Tom hates tequila, as do I, but I told him I'd pull him from the race if he doesn't do a shot with me at Kroger's.

1 comment:

Donnie said...

Doing some pacing at Hardrock myself. I'll brings some lagers down for our pre, during, and post race duties!