Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ribs and whiskey

After a week in which the ribs seemed to get more and more painful each day, I've finally started noticing an improvement the last two days.  I'm now able to cough and sneeze and laugh without having a nauseous wave of pain wash over me.  It still hurts, just not as much.  I've even had two consecutive decent nights of sleep, so hopefully recovery is well underway.

Sad moment watching the start of the San Juan Solstice on Saturday, but I definitely made the right call.  $100 and I did an easy hike on the Colorado Trail that morning, and even that was rough on me.

Think I can recover quickly enough to take a shot at sub three at Pikes, but not sure where this leaves me for the Never Summer 100K.  I was already behind the eight ball on the long run front, and missing San Juan doesn't help.  

No comments: