Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Canon/Incline 13

Tues PM - Awesome ride home from work.  Shooks Run to downtown, up Cheyenne Canon, up High Drive, down Capt Jacks, then the screaming downhill home.  20 miles, 2K feet of climbing.  1:28 from the office to the top of High Drive, eleven miles and 1800 feet of climbing.  First time I've ever gone sub 20 on Capt Jacks, with strava telling me today was 16:23.  That's good for 954th overall (out of 1330) if you're scoring at home.  But every time I ride up the Canon I see tons of expensive mountain bikes on top of cars or in the back of a truck.  Pussies.  You should have to earn your trip down Buckhorn and/or Capt Jacks.

Next goal will be to go sub 15 on that section.  Incorporates a lot of stuff I'm not good at - fast downhill, tight turns, some technical stuff at a high rate of speed, lots of gravel that makes it hard to control the bike, and a high percentage of crashing.

Wed AM - Incline number 13 on the year with the dog.

No comments: