Monday, June 08, 2015

weekend update

Solid weekend of training and beer drinking.

Saturday was the ERock Sunrise to Sunset, an eleven hour mountain bike race.  The thing used to be held at Greenland Open Space, though they now have it at the new $30 billion dollar park in Castle Rock.  I was fairly hungover from a late night at Red Leg, so I didn't have the ride I wanted.  Made it 57 miles.  No way would I have made my goal of a century on this slow course, but I would have liked to get in another lap or two.  Had a ton of fun though, so the day wasn't a total loss. 

Here's me and $100 completing a lap.  She rode a 29er for the first time.


On Sunday I met up with Shad, Kircher, Rob, and Crystal to head up Barr Trail.  This run went much better than I was expecting.  We got up to the Bottomless Pitt sign, absolutely no snow.  Reports have things clear up to A-Frame.  Still a ton of snow above treeline, but it's melting quick.


Sore as hell after the weekend, so I'm taking today off.  Hoping for a good rest of the week though. 
Going to try to get a 20 miler up Barr Trail on Saturday, followed by the Garden Ten Miler on Sunday.

I also signed up for the Barr Trail Mountain Race.  Been a while since I've ran that, looking forward to returning.

No comments: