Tuesday, January 31, 2012

track

Legs were trashed from the Monday long run, so today's track workout wasn't much.  1.25 mile warm up, 4 x 400m with 200m RBI, then 2 x 800m with 400m RBI, 1.25 mile cool down.  Didn't time the intervals since I knew they'd be horrible.  Probably running close to 6:30 pace for the fast parts, it was all I could muster today.

Pretty sure the Incline tonight isn't going to be pretty.  Might have to conveniently forget the watch.

This article suggests Ryan Hall might take a stab at the R2R2R someday.  I bet he skips the Tecate at Phantom Ranch.  Pussy.

4 comments:

GZ said...

he can turn creek water into Tecate.

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Speaking of Ryan Hall, last year he posted a blog entry about training. One of the things he said was to let the training come to you--don't redline it on bad days and, by the same token, go with it when you're feeling good. If you're having a bad day, go easy and save it for when you're 100% again. From my standpoint, I've often fallen into the trap of forcing myself to hold a pace even if I'm feeling like crap. Maybe not a good approach?

Wyatt

brownie said...

I agree with that on training, but I'd sure like to see Hall throw down a bit more during races, instead of his "run my own race" thing he does. About as disappointing of a 2:04 marathoner as you can get, so far in his career.

When are you coming down for the Incline?

Andy said...

Sleeping in was awesome this morning. FYI

See you in two weeks.