Sunday, January 22, 2012

Frosty's

One good race, one sub-par race at Frosty's Frozen 5 & 10.

Five miler went well. Wanted to run 32:30. First mile just off PG's shoulder in 6:42. I think it was PG's one mile PR. Went through two miles in 13 flat and he was gone. Nice tempo effort to the finish, crossing in 32:07.

Then this:

We showed up to the start of the ten miler about 60 seconds after the race started, so the three of us were actually DFL for about 200 meters or so. PG was able to jump off the road and get past the main pack but I held back, and that pretty much ended any chance I had of running well. Took me 9:20 to hit mile one, 17 minutes to get to mile two. Real hard to pass once we got on the hike-and-bike trail. Halfway in just under 40 minutes, then took it easy on the way back. Officially 1:18:53. I think PG ended up beating me by two hours or some crazy ass thumping like that.

Overall a pretty good day, the five miler was a great tempo run and the ten miler was still a lot faster than I would have ran on my own back in the Springs.

1 comment:

trudginalong said...

I still can't believe Xavier and I got kicked out of Sancho's...