Tuesday, January 10, 2012

track

The Sunrise Striders were doing a work-unfriendly run in Cheyenne Mountain State Park this morning, so Andy W and I hit the CC track.

One mile warm up, 4 x 1000m with 400m RBI, 4 x 200m with 200m RBI, one mile cool down. 4:49, 42, 41, 44 for the thousands. First time back to the track in a while, so I took it pretty easy. Like this workout A LOT better than the 4 x 1600m I used to do.

Fat Ass has 8,804 feet of climbing.

Headed out on Saturday night to celebrate Amanda's 40th birthday. If any out of towners want to join us, you are welcome to crash at my place, though it will be on the floor as all the beds are spoken for. If you come, be sure to ask Amanda who won our battle on Pikes this year.

5 comments:

Chris Boyack said...

8804! Ooof. Hopefully I can loose about 15 lbs before Saturday morning.

What do you recommend traction-wise? Worth it to carry spikes or don't bother?

brownie said...

You'll need spikes. We're supposed to get some bad weather on Wednesday, I'll let you know how bad it's gonna be after that. Supposed to be nice on Saturday.

Chris Boyack said...

Spikes it is, then. Thanks!

Kemp. said...

What is your address? This is my first year attending the trail events.

brownie said...

Kemp, shoot me an e-mail at jteisher at gmail dot com and I'll send you the invite.