Friday, January 09, 2009

'09 races

Pretty much have my race schedule planned out for 2009. Gonna be a great year! And July and August sure are gonna be epic!

Unfortunately, I'll probably bail on the Greenland 50K, so John if you're reading this you can probably catch me drunk and get me to volunteer. Also gonna pass on Imogene since it's the weekend before Telluride Blues & Brews. I love roadtrips, but that drive on consecutive weekends was a drag. Instead, I'll head out for the Ouray mountain run and celebrate Octoberfest at the Ourayle House brewery!

Also stoked that I get to do Manitou's big two races, Pikes Peak and BTMR. I'll just goof off for BTMR since it's right before HR (maybe I'll go for the first prime!). For Pikes Peak, I'd really like to bring my climb down below three hours (my best is 3:07:31) and get my overall PR for that race under five (from 5:17:30). And don't laugh at that PR, I did it the day after finishing the Ascent!

I have given no thought to what will happen if I don't get into Hardrock because that's not gonna happen.

Feb 15 - Austin marathon
March 14 - Salida marathon
May 2 - Collegiate Peaks 50
May 16 - Jemez Mountain 50
June TBA - CRUD Tour de Pain
July 11 - Leadville heavy half marathon
July 12 - Barr Trail Mountain Race
July 18 - Hardrock!
Aug 16 - Pikes Peak marathon
Aug 22 - Leadville!
Oct 18 - Denver marathon
Oct TBA - Ouray Mountain Trail Run

2 comments:

Hone said...

Quite a schedule of races you have lined up!! It will be fun to follow you on your pursuits.

There are so many great races in CO and need to get out there and try a few.

Pittchick said...

What happened to the Pittsburgh marathon?