Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spiral Drive

Very uninspiring effort down in Salida. I could tell during my warmup that I was still not recovered from Collegiate Peaks, and though I gave it the old college try I just didn't have it in me. Ran in second place most of the way up the hill, but two guys, 50+ year olds nonetheless, blew by me on the downhill. Did manage to hold off a hard charging tri-dork over the final mile to keep 4th place though, so I was happy about that. Good effort, and if I'm gonna have off races I hope they'll be during the short ones. Finished in 28:17 (last year's course was short, think I was probably a little faster this year). Won a nice coffee mug for my age group. Soothed my depression of a lousy race by feasting at Moonlight Pizza, the best pizza in Colorado.

No comments: