Wednesday, May 28, 2008

going away present

My good friend and future Hardrock pacer Melissa will be moving back to Austin next week. I think the standard protocol would call for a gift of somekind. I offered to take her on one last Colorado mountain run. Check out this route:

My house to the top of Red Mountain. Back down Red and over to Ute Pass. Ute Pass to Longs Ranch and then up, up, up Longs 'till it hits Barr Trail. Up Barr Trail to Barr Camp. Then over to the Cog Railway and up to the top of Pikes Peak for a beer and a cigar. Back down Pikes via the Cog until we cut back over to Barr Camp. Return to Manitou via Barr Trail. End the run at Kinfolk's.

Approximately 33 miles. Not much of that is flat. Good times! I'll hafta figure out the elevation gain and see how many Hill of Life repeats it would equal.
Melissa has been a great friend and we've run a lot of miles together, it'll be sad to see her go.



4 comments:

Gagger said...

Ahh, sweet ol' Melissa. She is one tough, kick ass chick!

brownie said...

Yeah, one of a very small number of chicks I know who don't whine like a six year old when you ask 'em to do something that requires a physical effort.

meredith said...

Yes, BUT I GET HER BACK!!! You'll have to come to Austin to see her...or have her pace you at hardrock :)
m

crom said...

what are these emotions you speak of, brownie? Drink for whining!