Monday, May 12, 2008

45.5

Down week due to recovering from Collegiate Peaks. It's never taken me this long to recover from a race before. Of course, of all the 50 milers I've done before, my goal was just to finish. Which I did with a lot of walking. CP was a race effort, easily my hardest effort in an ultra yet, and I paid the price this past week. Still had a decent speed workout on Tuesday, a good Incline Club hill climb on Thurs, and a decent effort up Tenderfoot Mountain in Salida. Next up is the challenge of putting in higher mileage with back-to-back hash weekends looming...

4 comments:

crom said...

what's the elevation change and distance of the "incline" ?

Chlamydia said...

Drink for whining!

brownie said...

2000 feet in one mile.

crom said...

cool. I did Heavenly. 3000 ft climb, but in about 2.5 miles. Was haring for the iguanas H3. started at 6k ft elevation.

oh yeah, and I didn't set any records. hahahaha