Saturday, May 31, 2008

Law Day 10K

Totally bombed at the Law Day 10K yesterday. Went in with hopes of a sub-40 minute finish, but a horrible hangover (even at 6PM) let to a disappointing 42:45. Damn you Arctic milk stout! Not all of that was my fault, as the twisting and turning course was poorly marked and at one point I had to come to a stop to ask a volunteer which way to go. And he didn't know. Was running good early, and thought I finally had a chance to beat my buddy 1SG Sowers (good luck at Bighorn, top!), but I really faltered between miles 3 and 5 and wasn't able to hold the early lead. Good race to cherry pick, as even though I ran shitty I was still 4th overall.

Body is starting to feel really broken down, may hafta back off this next week. June is a big month for me with the San Juan Solstice and Leadville training camp looming...

No comments: