Wednesday, May 07, 2008

On my morning run today, in the pouring rain and heavy hail, I heard a song from one of my favorite bands that always reminds me of C-4, as it's kinda along the lines of the types of conversations we have while I'm waiting for her dirty mexican husband to come out drinking. Two lyrics really stick out to me:

-"Jesus saves, and gives the oppressed a better deal"*

-"Their left hand holds the bible, and the right hand holds the gun"

(*Upon further review, the actual lyric is "For your Jesus said you’re supposed to give the oppressed a better deal" though it doesn't sound like that on the recording I have)

Turns out the song I was listening to is a cover, originally done by a cat named Kev Carmody. Guy seems to be a helluva songwriter. Gonna try to find some of his stuff, though I'm fairly sure that'll be impossible to do in Colorado Springs, so I'll probably hafta order it online. And Smutt, it'll be OK to burn copies of his CD, since he's not even an American citizen. Humph, the nerve of some people!

Free pint of Icehouse at the Townhouse Lounge to the first person who correctly identifies the name of the band I was listening to this morning, and the name of the song...

5 comments:

aka Moogy said...

Wasn't it some bible thumping band like Creed? Didn't someone like Butler Trio do this cover? But since I can't come for a beer tonight it is a mute point. I've got the new Portishead CD for Jemez...very NIN.
Anyhoo...hasta dude!

brownie said...

Moogy, you are somewhat correct. I'll buy a beer, drink half of it, and give the rest to you. Of course, I'll spit in your half for suggesting that I listen to creed. The contest is still open. Hey, I need your snail mail address, shoot it to my gmail account.

Impala Mama said...

Moogy, if I could get out, I would go drink that spat-in half beer for you...you seem like a very nice guy (which makes me question why you are friends with brownie...) I would even hold a gun in my right hand while doing it! :-) Although I would have to have a baby in my left instead of a Bible...does that mess the whole thing up?

aka Moogy said...

He has cute girl friends...

Impala Mama said...

Moogy, I am drinking that beer for you.