Monday, May 12, 2008

Pittsburgh marathon

Looks like the race may be making a comeback. Read about it here. Not the easiest marathon out there, but that's where I hold my current PR, 2:55:54 (which I hope to lower at Boston within the next two years). Been looking to travel for a big city marathon, I'd LOVE to be able to head back home with the promise of a cold Iron City at the finish line.

The current list of possible Beantown qualifying marathons for me: Tucson, San Antonio, Austin, and Steamtown (Scranton, PA).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me know which you decide to run. i have the same goal in mind. thinking i want to qualify for boston next april and definitely want to get under 3 hours.

brownie said...

San Antonio has a slight lead. It's in the special window that if you qualify there, you get to use the time for the next two Boston marathons.

MW said...

Dude. dec 7. California international Marathon
about 40 of us from Austin will be there racing! Come on!!!
Hook up with us. Drink like a ish with me that night!