Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Crazy Horse marathon

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time in South Dakota to do everything I wanted to do. Was hoping to bag Harney Peak as well as do some bouldering in the Needles. So I talked to some of the Big Heads wankers about making another trip back sometime. And they told me about the Crazy Horse marathon on October 4. Think I'm gonna go up for it, as any marathon named after a malt liquor is OK with me!

Due to PC issues, Crazy Horse malt liquor is not sold in South Dakota. Which means I'll hafta buy it in Colorado. But yeah, my goal will be to qualify for Boston and then down a 40oz of Crazy Horse at the finish. I may get scalped for this stunt in that part of the country, Crazy Horse is kinda a big deal up there.

So of any of the more athletic hashers out there are looking for a roadtrip in October, get in touch with me. Climbing, hiking, hashing, and of course the marathon, should be a good trip.

2 comments:

Smut Mutt said...

Wasn't crazy horse from WY?

S. Dakota isn't well-known for it's brewerys. They've got some goofy alcohol laws there, or at least they used to. 3.2 beer only. And if you got stopped with a 12-pack or 6-pack with one missing, it's considered open container.

brownie said...

Not sure where Crazy Horse was from. I would think it's SD, as they had a lot of stuff named after him and are carving his mug into a mountain.