Monday, March 17, 2008

running and drinking

Woohoo! Gonna be a helluva week. From an e-mail I sent out earlier:


Busy week of running and drinking, with lots of live music thrown in for good measure, if anyone wants to join me.

Tues - Gonna take a week off from the track and visit Quinn's. Probably run a few extra miles so some of the posers will leave the bar before I'm finished. I'll hit the bar around 7PM.

Wed - CRC happy hour run. Nice, easy run along the Sante Fe trail followed by a few beers. Stopping on the way home at Front Range BBQ to hear Grass It Up. Grass comes on at 7:30PM.

Fri - PPRRC full moon run at Red Rock Canyon Open Space. Run starts at 7PM. It's a go-at-your-own-pace jog through the canyon trails. Bring a flashlight and a koozie for your beer. Afterwards hit the Ancient Mariner for Tommy Gallagher.

Sat - Widefield 5 miler, followed by Purple Castle. Then the Pikes Peak hash.

Sun - Incline Club, followed by the all you can eat breakfast buffet at the Manitou Pancake and Steak House. Acid Jazz later that night.

**BREAKING NEWS** - I discovered a new flavor of Boone's Farm while down in Salida this weekend. Wild Cherry. Very delicious. I would rank it as my third favorite flavor, behind Sangria and Snow Creek Berrry. No truth to the rumor that this discovery had anything to do with my first ever five plus hour marathon...

on-on
jt

No comments: