Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1200s

Wow, yesterday's track workout really sucked. 1200s are friggin' hard. Did four of 'em yesterday, with 600 meters of rest in between. Wanted to average 4:40 for all of 'em, about my pace for Widefield. Ended up hitting 4:27, 4:21, 4:19, and 4:21. The last two were after the dickhead CC lacrosse players put out the track gates, forcing me to run in lane four. Though that is kinda a blessing, it pisses me off (causing me to run faster) and it keeps the local team-in-training group on the Sante Fe trail instead of the track. Team in training is the only group I'd put ahead of Jack Quinn's on the list of poser running clubs, FYI.

5 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Stupid C.C.'rs!!! Nice times. Anyone try to shoot you?

brownie said...

No, though I'm always under the threat of sniper fire when I run. But if I puss out, then the terrorists have won, so I keep on keepin' on. I should probably get a medal or something.

Impala Mama said...

"One should never do the honorable thing for external reward. One should live humbley by honor alone."
C-4, circa 2000

Anonymous said...

dude-nice work on the 1200's. what are you bitching about-you were well under your goal for all 4. unfortunately, from my experiences, most lacrosse players are loud-mouth shitheads. kick their shit off the track next time.

brownie said...

Yeah, the 1200s are just a rough workout. That third lap really sucks. Probably do one more week of those before switching to the workouts at Manitou high. I think I can take Carpenter on the track!