Friday, March 28, 2008

bored (and hungover) at work...

Hit the CRUD hill climb yesterday, made it up Rampart Range Road in 26:15. 45 seconds faster than last week. Had two good runs up Rampart the last two weeks, should be ready to hammer the Incline Club hill workouts, which start on Thursday.

Been working out pretty hard lately. Rock gym four or five times a week. Weights at the Y at least twice a week. Yoga three times a week. Some basketball thrown in every now and then. As the weather improves I'll try to squeeze in some bouldering. Really upped the intensity on all my runs, and it's paying off. I kind of got into a rut of real slow running once I started trail running back in Austin. Love the HCTR to death, but jeeze louise some of their group long runs were tortoiselike. I'd do super long runs, but the pace would be so slow and the breaks so long it amounted to a walk. Starting to get away from that, as besides finishing Hardrock and Leadville I also have the goal of qualifying for Boston later this year. I figure running a difficult but faster paced 20 miles does more for my fitness than a 30 miler at snail pace does. That being said, I hope to do a 30 miler with CRUD tomorrow before the hash, then try to hammer the Ute Pass/Waldo loop with the Incline Club on Sunday (hafta do this faster so I can get up to Red Rocks for the Denver hash). And the Incline tonight. Pretty good weekend. Should hit 70+ miles this week (not counting the hashing miles), huge for me.

But fear not, the usual brownie was in rare form last night. Got shitty drunk on cheap Pabst last night at Benny's, then topped it off with a pitcher of Icehouse at the Townhouse. Good times! Shame on all of yunz who blew off Benny's, that place is one of the Springs' best bars.

8 comments:

Jes said...

Yoga???

Pittchick said...

Yoga? Seriously???

Gaslight ;-) said...

Which race are you trying to use to qualify?
I do know of a flat, fast course that runs in front of Slut-Light Manor...if you think you can avoid getting tanked with Grind the night before.
Heh heh...you do yoga?

brownie said...

The plan is for Tucson, if that falls through I'll probably use either San Antonio or Austin. Think the humidity, and Grind, would ruin my day at H-town.

Jes said...

I notice you're avoiding the yoga questions.

Much like you're avoiding your sexual identity issues.

I told Gaylord I thought you were gay and he got MIGHTY excited. I think his exact words were, "Let me get in there!!"

:)

crom said...

I didn't mean, "let me get in there, like at tex-mex" i meant.....wait....YOGA!?!?!?!

DOUBLE U TEE EFF!!!?!??!

hahahahahahaha
fag

brownie said...

Yup, yoga. At least three times a week. Mondays are hot yoga at corepower, Fridays are regular yoga at the YMCA, and once or twice a week I do a video I have at home.

I physically beat the fuck out of my body every day here in Colorado, yoga is the only way I can recover quickly enough to keep doing it.

crom said...

okay Nancy, if it works for you? I guess.