Tuesday, March 11, 2014

beers 68, 69, & 70

Sunday was a good day.  Made the most of the great weather with my 15th trip of the year up the Incline, then hopped on the Surly for an easy 40 miles.  When I say "easy" on the bike I mean slow.

Monday was all bike.  Quick 20 minute commute in the morning, then 25 miles with Andy on the Santa Fe trail after work, enjoying the extra hour of daylight.

Tuesday morning I tried to get the dog out, but she wasn't having it.  At some points we were running sub six minute miles, followed by other times where we were standing still for long periods of time so she could sniff various stuff around the neighborhood.  Solid half hour at CityRock over lunch, and the dog was psyched for an hour in Red Rock Canyon after work.  Dog is much better off leash, that's for sure.

I never thought GZ would top his post about blowing his nose into his hat while at work.  But this just might do it.

)

Finally tried the Runoff Red IPA.  Beer #68 on the year.  Really good stuff, as is expected from Odell.



Picked up beer 69 from Vine Street while up in Denver.  Due to taste and prior experiences drinking mass quantities of this brew, the Fuck Yeah IPA from Southern Sun is one of my Colorado favorites.


IPA mood tonight.  Got a buddy coming in from San Fran for Salida weekend, so I went with the IPA from Speakeasy Ales & Lagers.

2 comments:

mtnrunner2 said...

"Runoff Red IPA" > almost pulled the trigger on that a couple of times, I'll have to check it out.

The beer quest seems a lot like running all the 14ers; it's more about the journey than the checklist. But maybe that's just me.

Can't believe there's an IPA from The Sun I've not tried.



brownie said...

The Runoff Red is pretty good, I'll be drinking lots of it in the future.

Loving the beer challenge. Have definitely tried some beers I never would have thought about. You should go Shad style and join the challenge.