Monday, March 24, 2014

beer #83


Drinking this as I catch up on the blog.  Pretty decent.  Three Skulls Ales Naked IPA from Northwest Brewing Company in Pacific, WA.

Nothing this morning save for a walk around the block with the dog.  Rough weekend with the cold weather, a visit from the mother-in-law, and the big birthday party.  Mediocre lunch break at CityRock (it's spring break so parents use the gym as a babysitter).  Did get in a good ten miles on the Garden Roads after work though.

Not sure if I mentioned my attempted bike ride to Salida last Friday.  The wind on HWY 115 was horrible and I battled it all damn day.  Took me 3.5 hours just to get to the intersection of 115 and 50.  So I knew I wasn't going to make it the whole way, but I ended up getting through Canon City and almost to the entrance of the Royal Gorge before $100 caught me in the car.  57 miles, my second longest ride ever.




Looking at another ridiculous failure this weekend as Marc and I are planning on leaving the Springs on Friday afternoon and biking to Left Hand Brewing in Schlongmont for the annual Hops and Handrails shindig.  Not a big fan of anything snow related but I do loves me some beer.


Speaking of beer, they announced the brewery lineup for Telluride Blues & Brews.  No Colorado Springs breweries.  I'd throw up a big fit about how we're always given the shaft on the Front Range brewing scene, but holy shit check out what I'll get to drink that weekend:


2 comments:

The Padre said...

Thanx 4 the line up 4 Blues & Brews!! Score!! My question is this….. Whats your take on the Three Skulls I.P.A.???? How does it compare 2 the Ranger I.P.A.??? Also, congrats on grinding out a few miles in the wind!!

brownie said...

Three Skulls IPA was OK, but there are many other Colorado IPAs I'd place ahead of it, including Ranger.