Wednesday, March 05, 2014

beer #64

Good day today.  Easy six miles in Red Rock Canyon this morning.  Saw Carson on my way back, he said I looked like Slow Aaron when I wore my glasses.  I hit him over the head with a rock and left him there for the coyotes.

Another bike commute to/from work.  Had some homeless action on the way home today.  Along the Midland trail, which road bikers avoid so they can fight traffic on Colorado Ave, near 18th street, I saw a body.  It was lying in an un-natural position and I thought for sure he was dead.  So I stopped and yelled at him.  No response.  I got off the bike and went closer, and I thought for sure he was gone.  But when I asked him once again if he was OK I heard him groan back.  I'll check again tomorrow on my way to work.

Had planned a ten miler on the Garden roads after work, but the weather was too nice to stay off the trails.  Did the awesome 7.5 mile loop around the perimeter of the Garden.  This has to be one of the best short trail loops in the USA.  So happy I can run it from my front porch.  O'Day, my neighbor, can't run it from his porch, but maybe he'll get there one day.

Finally got my first tix of the year for Red Rocks.  Railroad Earth is hands down the best thing to ever come out of New Jersey.



As much as I make fun of Utah beer, this stuff is one of my favorites:


2 comments:

MadMarmot said...

That "unnatural" position is normal while i'm dreaming about Christie Brinkley,so is the moaning,so leave me alone next time,ok,thnx.

brownie said...

Wow, a Christie Brinkley reference. Haven't heard that name in a long time.