Thursday, April 26, 2012

yet another run to work day

No time lately, so doing the best I can and running to work yet again this week.  7.2 miles this morning (bonus loop around Prospect Lake), 70 minutes.

Daniel Tosh was fantastic last night.  Hardest I've ever laughed at a comedy show.  I'll include this quote from the show for all the Indy fans out there: "The Colts are the only team who would trade a QB who looks like he has Down Syndrome for a QB that definitely has it."  Tosh really ripped to some the issues facing our village, and it was just as funny to see some of the folks in the crowd squirm.

Mark your calendars.  Think I'm going to do a b-day run weekend on August 4-5.  A 25 mile traverse across RMNP, followed by an assault on the Aspen 4 Pass/4 Beer loop.  Could be a good last long weekend for you Pikes/Leadville peeps.

7 comments:

Nick said...

What's your RMNP route? Sounds tempting.

brownie said...

Want to try this route:

http://semi-rad.com/2011/02/across-rocky-mountain-national-park-in-a-day/

Any chance Ridge Road in RMNP is open by the time Quad Rock gets here? I'd like to drive it on Sunday, assuming I've finished the race by then.

Nick said...

Better route is to go from Bear Lake to Grand Lake on Flattop - North Inlet, eat lunch in GL and then run back. Probably 30-35 miles give or take with a double crossing of the Divide and no need for car drops or any of that silliness.

Might be a bit early still for Trail Ridge Road. Not sure though.

brownie said...

That might be a possibility, especially since they have a brewery in Grand Lake. CRUD could make it into some kind of eating competition/long run.

You'd be a Vegas favorite to take down the 4 Pass/4 Beers FKT. The record is soft since I had to carry Ryan K the entire way.

mike_hinterberg said...

What, no Longs?
(The 43-mile Zumwalt-Cook loop)
I'm interested in a RMNP loop. Also another summer of keeping Tenmile Traverse, Pawnee-Buchanan, and Missouri-Belford-Oxford-Emerald-Iowa on the list for some wknd.

Word is that Trail Ridge is dry on the east side, but not slated to open completely until May 25. You could bike up to the Visitor Center though!

brownie said...

Keep me posted on any of those loops other than the Zumwalt-Cook thing. I better get a t-shirt if I'm running that far.

Natalee said...

I <3 Tosh and didn't get tickets when he was just here. Don't care about Indy QBs (outside of Curtis Painter) as I'm increasingly learning the QBs I support are supported by cheaters.