Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tuesday

Overslept, so bailed on the track for a quick hour on the Garden roads.  Some kind of rain/snow/sleet/hail/grapple mix was falling.  Not going to end the upcoming summer fire dangers, but anything is better than nothing.  The foothills look a bit white, but that should be gone by the weekend.  Haven't been able to see the Peak since Sunday evening, so I'm not sure what's going on up high.

Neal was telling me some horror stories about the year they shut down Pike National Forest due to the Hayman fire.  The bulk of my summer running is done there, not sure what I'd do if they closed that.  So now I'm actually rooting for some wet weather.

Our village has a new logo:

Reminds me of a minor league baseball team.  Which is very fitting for a minor league town.  Just don't confuse it with this logo:


The "Live It Up!" tag line, which seemed to piss off everyone with a blog and/or facebook page last time, remains.

1 comment:

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Man, that logo makes me wanna move to the Springs and set up a business now so I can contribute to economic development. Calling the moving company this very second.

Wyatt