Sunday, April 29, 2012

Boulder Distance Classic

Not nearly the epic run just about everyone else had this weekend, but I had fun up at the Boulder Res.  15K, 62:47.  Very windy.  Pleased with the solid effort, ran hard and steady but didn't kill myself.  Was in the beer garden, courtesy of Avery Brewing, by 9:40AM.  Results over here.  Even the minor league races in Boulder get tons of fast folks out.

Shooting for 3:29:59 this weekend in Jersey.  Will probably goof off behind the 3:35 pace group for 20 miles or so and then blast the final 10K.

Really pisses me off when races advertise live race tracking and then fuck it up.  Eugene and Big Sur, fail.  Were you unaware you might have a little more traffic than usual on race day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only did they screw up the race timing but first they made you pay for it. Big Sur owes Colorado at least $10.00. Well done at the classic but why 3:24 this weekend?

brownie said...

This weekend is for fun and to cross Jersey off the 50 state list. Have two 50 milers coming up that are more important for Hardrock training, so I'm not going to crush myself on the roads.

Anonymous said...

Just go sub 3.

brownie said...

I think if I really hammered I could go 3:04:59. And that is not worth running hard for.