Monday, April 23, 2012

100K





Very happy with the run.  Got exactly what I wanted - a nice, hard long run without killing myself.  Laps were 3:24, 3:47, 4:34.  About 15 minutes of that last lap was me goofing off at the final two aid stations, including drinking a PBR at the final aid station.  The rest of the slowness was just me being lazy and enjoying the day.  11:45:06, a 45 minute PR.

Awesome event, the race was about 98% technical singletrack.  Not what I was expecting from Kansas (my  15th state marathon, FYI).  Have always heard good things about the Trail Nerds, and they put on a fantastic event.  Outstanding course marking and the volunteers were tons of fun.

8 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

Representing!

IT should give you a raise.

Matt said...

Fist bump. I did some cross fit and yoga this weekend along with a nice long hike, a few sit-ups, went surfing. We're getting after it, bro.

Larry DeWitt said...

Nice Job JT. 45 min PR and just goofing off. So what were you doing on the other runs?

Hone said...

nice dude!

mike_hinterberg said...

Way to go! Trail Nerds runs always look like fun.

GZ said...

Hey - I got one of those shirts now too. I hope to be as cool as you are when I grow up.

Jeff B. said...

Nice 100K time; especially for single track!!

Jeff B. said...

That 100K sticker is cool; what do you think of the cool guys sporting 5K stickers on their cars; they are the coolest!!