Monday, April 16, 2012

Platte River

Not my finest race.  Hit the halfway point in 43:15 and I was already cooked.  Really, really struggled to hold anything together over the second half.  I fought hard, trying to rally every time someone passed me (which was a lot - results have me 62nd overall but I'm sure at least 500 runners passed me after mile seven) but I just couldn't get anything going.  Barely went sub 90 (chip time was 1:29:55).

But I'm glad I got out there and suffered.  I don't do enough efforts like that, and while it was a shitty race it was a great tempo run.  I'll have to do A LOT more of this kind of work if I want any chance to PR at NYC.

$100 grabbed a PR, finishing in 2:03:32.  Trying to get her to sign up for the Jersey half marathon while we're there to finally get that sub two, but the price is a bit too high this late in the game.  I would give up one of my arms for a PR, especially one as symmetric as going sub two hours, but she doesn't care quite as much as I do about the whole running thing.

Visited Kircher country post-race, checking out some dives up in Evergreen.  Good times!

No comments: