Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday

This blog is currently awesome now that you're required to listen to Phish when you come here.  I'm in the ticket lottery for the labor day weekend show, wish me luck.

Tortoise & Hare 5K on Saturday.  Shooting for an easy 18:59, but it's difficult to pace yourself in that format.  I'll be weighing in the runners, so if you see me with a black eye it's because I made some snarky comment about a chick's weight.

Platte River on Sunday.  Originally hoping for a PR there, then all the snow melted a month early and instead of running low six minute miles on the roads I've been up in the mountains banging out 20 minute miles.  Still think I'll go sub 90.  Anything can happen here, though.  A few years ago, I PR'd on this course while drunk.

Recently finished this book.  Suelo seems like an interesting guy, but the book was a little too heavy on religion/philosophy crap to really hold my interest.


Currently reading Meb's book, "Run To Overcome," which I got for free due to the Amazon Prime.  As a wise man once said, "Reading is pretty all-right."

Rest day today.  Hit the gym before work.  I'll visit the rock gym over lunch and again after work.  An hour of hot yoga after that.  GZ's recent posts are making me think about my schedule and wondering if there's a better way...

8 comments:

Shad Mika said...

Your liking that Fire I take it.

mike_hinterberg said...

I'm expecting you to have 2 black eyes, then, and that's only because any more than that wouldn't leave any more evidence.

Thanks for the book recommend, I'm working on a list.
Is that the guy that lived near Moab? Does he answer the question, "Could everybody live like this?"

(See, I'm trying to get the answers without actually having to read things)

brownie said...

The Fire is alright. I like that I can read magazines on it, other than that it's just my old kindle with some color.

Mike, the guy is gay and doesn't drive a car, so you'll love him!

mike_hinterberg said...

Sweet! I've been loathing myself since buying a 2nd car last year, and trying to hide it. One of these days I'll come out openly about it!

(Anyway, I guess that does answer the question: could everybody live like that?)

mtnrunner2 said...

One look at my lack of furniture contrasted with an abundance of gear should convince anyone that I focus on things that are really important.

However, money is just something you have so you don't have to keep live goats at your house to trade for stuff. It's a medium of exchange for getting stuff you want.

Giving it all away simply indicates indicates to me that the author hasn't figured out what he wants.

Mike - Someone's gotta sell a canvas car cover with a giant shrub printed on it to hide that second car. Kind of like they do with cell towers.

brownie said...

The guy hasn't spent any money in over seven years now. Pretty impressive, and pretty hard to do.

Mike H has TWO cars?!? Say it ain't so!

Sean O'Day said...

Money no doubt is a medium to exchange goods and services, and to that end a helluvalot easier than having to own your own goat.

That being said, the methods of acquiring and using it are what have gotten kinda twisted. Freedom from that system must feel pretty liberating.

GZ said...

This money thing might motivate me into another 37 posts.

Assuming the dude is family free as well.

I have contemplated whether I could live under a bridge and from a shopping cart multiple times. Glad I don't hafta. Yet.