Monday, January 25, 2010

south slope to open?!?!?

Wow, Colorado Springs Utilities may actually open the south slope of Pikes Peak! CSU is run by the Springs city council, so I just assumed either A) the place would never, ever open up to public use; or B) the place would be given to the US olympic committee as a gift. Read the story here. This is fantastic news for trail lovers. But, given that it is the city running things, I'm not holding my breath as to when this will happen.

Forgot to mention that at the last PPRR bored meeting, Mailman John raised the possibility of having an ultra on the Ring the Peak trail. We're gonna have meetings 'n shit (hopefully at a bar) to discuss it. Any thoughts on this?

Not related to the south slope, but more good reading from the Gazette here. Aren't these guys up in GZ's neck of the woods?

2 comments:

GZ said...

I keep hearing John Belushi mutter how he hates liter cleaning Nazi's.

Nick said...

Freudian slip on 'bored meeting' I take it.