Monday, March 09, 2009

running sure ain't cheap

I found out on Friday that I'm the highest paid dishwasher in Colorado Springs. Not sure when "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" will do a show on me, but I have funded my entire racing season with the loot from Trinity. And it's quite a chunk of change:

Austin - $100
Salida - $35
Desert RATS - $100
Collegiate Peaks - $65
Jemez Mountain - $70
Triple Crown - $130
Hardrock - $250
Leadville - $225
Oil Creek - $120

That's almost 1100 bones on one season, sheesh. Plus the Trinity cash covered the three pairs of shoes I've bought so far this season. At least I can drink good beer and eat awesome mac-n-cheese while earning the extra loot to cover all these fees.

7 comments:

Carie said...

Don't forget travelling to/from the races, any lodging, time off from work..... It's spendy, but it's worth it.

MW said...

I thought you said your mom bought you the Hardrock entry fee for Xmas.
No dishwasher makes that kind of scrilla.

brownie said...

She reimbursed me, but I still had to front the cash from my Trinity fund. Her $250 will be put towards the booze fund for these races.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

meredith said...

I don't remember seeing mac and cheese on the plan???

Jes said...

At least you don't hafta pay for the bacon cheseburgers!

Gagger said...

Gary should hang that picture (of you scarfing his bacon cheeseburgers during a break at Hardrock) up at the PC!