Monday, March 30, 2009

climb

Good news from the climbing gym! I asked when the new wall would be open, and the hottie blonde told me "in a week or week and a half we'll be having a comp on the new wall."

Woohoo! Great news all around! The new wall looks super sweet, there's gonna be lots of new bouldering problems on it (it's strictly a bouldering wall, no roped routes). And while they've been working on the new wall, they've really neglected the rest of the gym. So besides half of the gym being closed, thus forcing the crowds onto the same few remaining problems, the remaining problems that are there have either gotten too easy for me, or too hard to move up on. So besides raising my push-ups and sit-ups sets to 61 reps (from 51), there hasn't been too much to report on. Last year I got through Hardrock on climbing three times a week, including the sets of 51 push-ups/sit-ups (oh, and a crapton of running too...). This year I've been going at least four times a week, so hopefully I'm good in that area.

While I'm on the topic of climbing, think I'm gonna check out this film on Saturday night. Looks pretty sweet. Goes a long way towards proving my point that ropes are for sissies. Here's the trailer:




It's playing at Dwire Hall on the UCCS campus at 8PM. Luckily I did a test run on the sweet PPRR winter series jackets at Banff, and I discovered that each pocket can hold it's own bomber of Pabst!

3 comments:

TitsOnTheRitz said...

This shit just makes me happy. I can't wait to see this one. Chuck makes great videos. The problem, I'm gonna want to buy it. Poop. :)

Jes said...

Send me a copy!!!

Smut Mutt said...

Climbing ropes are the equivalent of training wheels.