Sunday, March 01, 2009

HPb 96 - Barr Camp!

Finally made it back up to Barr Camp!  On the way up I was thinking about the last time I had been there, and it was before Hardrock.  Haven't been running the mountains lately, so it was a slow and painful shuffle, but I did walk a lot less than I was expecting.  Back-to-back three hour runs this weekend, let the ultra training begin!

Barr Trail is in INCREDIBLE shape for March 1st!  I put yak trax on after No Name Creek, but I could have gone without 'em.  Hell, the rock tunnel, which usually requires a damn ice axe this time of year, was bone dry.  Neil said you can get all the way to A Frame with just yak trax right now, so look for that run to happen soon.  Hooray for global warming!

Start time - 8AM
Distance - 15.0
Time - 3:35:15
Pace - 14:21 per mile
Weather - 45F, sunny 
Weight - 171 lbs

No comments: