Wednesday, March 04, 2009

HPb 100 - Sante Fe/Bear Creek/Intemann

Great run tonight!  My office is only about a two minute jog from the Sante Fe trail, jumped on that and headed south past America the Beautiful park, then headed west through Bear Creek Park.  From there I headed up to Section 16 and caught the Intemann trail back to Manitou.  Started to feel the short, steep hills in BCP.  Then the long, steep hills on Intemann kicked my butt pretty good.  Still not too shabby a run for a Wed night.

Actually got stopped by a cop at the trailhead on Section 16.

"You OK?"
Yes, sir.
"You sure?"
Yes.
"What are you doing?"
Just going for a run, that's all.

I know better than to get smart with a CS cop (remember, these are the guys who thumped the hell out of an old lady at our St. Pat's day parade two years ago),  but after he kept bugging me I wanted to say, "what the hell do I look like to you, a black teenager?  Leave me the fuck alone!"

Start time - 6 PM
Distance - 14.5 miles
Time - 2:46:21
Pace - 11:29 per mile
Weather - 50F (it was 60F when I started my run!)
Weight - 171 lbs

No comments: