Friday, March 06, 2009

HPb 103 - lost

Planned a nice long run for today but it turned out to be a little longer than I expected.  Left my house and went along the Intemann trail over to Section 16, then down to High Drive.  Holy crap the backside of that road was steep!  Made it to the top of High Drive, where CRUD ends their hill climb coming from the other direction.  On the way back I decided to get some more miles in by doing the rest of Section 16.  Somehow I ended up getting off trail there.  But I knew if I could just get to the top of the mountain I'd see where I needed to go, so I didn't turn around.  I thought High Drive was steep, but this exploring was awful.  My Garmin lists your pace up until 1 mile per hour, and it wasn't registering at all on this climb.  Even by my slow standards, that's not moving very fast.  Eventually I got to the top and started down towards a creek.  So much friggin' shiggy to move through that my pace wasn't much faster.  But eventually I found the actual trail and finished up.  Not the kind of run I wanted heading into Salida, but it was great training for Hardrock!  And it sure beat the hell out of working!

Start Time - 8:30 AM
Distance - 17.5 miles
Time - 4:57:00
Pace - 16:59
Weather - 50F, clear skies
Weight - 169 lbs

1 comment:

Hone said...

Anything beats working. Sounds like a togh run.