Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Challenge

I'm pretty psyched for the Pikes races this weekend. I think I'll do pretty well, considering the rough altitude training I've put myself through. But in reality, I'm more excited to see some of my trail running buddies for the first time since I left Austin. Really miss the central TX trail scene, plus I love watching the pain and suffering my mountain puts on flatlanders!

Been out to the Leadville area quite a bit lately, and it's had a profound effect on me. Think I'm gonna dedicate my next year towards this:

Leadman

1 comment:

Doc Savage said...

Meet a couple of guys doing Leadman the year I did the marathon. They said the marathon is the one that sneaks up on you. The 100M bike ride is a tough one also. But, sounds like a hoot if you want to put in the training and get high for a while to make sure you have enough red blood cells swimming around.

Good luck this weekend.