Tuesday, August 29, 2006

maybe next year...

Melissa and I had just made plans for a two day trek up Longs Peak, but it looks like that'll be a no-go now. Friggin' August, and we already have six inches on some of the peaks.

Longs

Think I'm still gonna attempt to run the Greys/Torreys double the weekend after Invihash though. Also might get one more shot at Quandry, and might take a day off work for another hike through the Collegiate Peaks, but that'll about wrap up the summer climbing season.

4 comments:

Chlamydia said...

Long's is the only 14er I've done. It was a hell of a hike though. I wonder if they keep those lists of people who summit, my name would be around July of '87 somewhere.

Doc Savage said...

I drove by Long's yesterday on my Harley and said "Shit, that's way the hell up there. Sucks to be Brownie!" I twisted the throttle a bit harder knowing there was a beer waiting for me at Fort Collins.

Eunuch said...

On a totally unrelated note, it's been in the 60s here in St Louis for the past few days. You'd think I'd have brought 100s back from Iraq with me, but NOO, I have to bring storms, and cool weather, and clouds. I LOVE IT! None the less, keep us posted on your travels!

Lulu said...

I'd rather have snow than 2 months of 100+ degrees.